- To promote the deeper study of nursing with a view to generate new perspectives, and about innovative approaches to deal with problems encountered in nursing and health field.
- To offer varied professional, technical and general education programmes to meet the changing and diverse needs of society in a global context.
- To provide quality higher education for liberation of mind and empowerment of hands.
- To promote quality research in diverse areas of development and engage in application of knowledge for community development.
- To develop national and international networks with industry, service sector and other academic and research institutions to meet the expectations of various stakeholders.
- To promote extensive use of ICT for enrichment of teaching-learning and for effective governance.